I don't know, but my blog seems like a place where i can simply voice out all my opinions, be it Good/Bad, and that I'm free from discrimination. It makes me feel.. Free. For a moment, of course.
Well yes, back to today's topic.
"Support love of all genders" pretty much sums up this entire post. But here again, I'm here to point out the pros and cons of being openly-gay, and also, to probably open up your hearts to the people who wants freedom to love.
Since 14, I realized the person I really am wasn't just any other ordinary straight girl. My feelings for guys faded and that I was already admiring girls. I obviously didn't wanna admit, but as time passes, I finally realized who I really was and what really made me happy. I didn't have the courage to let any of my family members know, afraid of being judged and criticized.... But slowly, my friends came to know about it and I was shocked of the outcome. Not only did they not judge me, they accepted me the way I am and wasn't afraid to hang out with me and they weren't even afraid of how people would look at them.
I've gotta admit that it was tough to face this judgmental society, but I came to realize that it wasn't as bad as what i thought. People were really nice to me, and some ignored the fact that i was gay. In fact, they treated me as a normal human being like how everyone was.
I understand that generally, our parents are all conservative people and they want the best for all of their children. I understand that they wanna be proud of who their daughters/sons are. I know that they wanna witness their own child's wedding, to be able to walk down that red aisle with their wife/husband-to-be. But..... I guess this is something I can't do and am not foresee-ing myself to walk down that aisle with a man. But well, it's really unexplainable..
I just wish for discrimination to end and that Singapore would support LGBT for the years down the road. Shouldn't love be simply just about l o v e and not gender? *I question myself that quite often*
These beautiful woman really inspired me and they really aren't afraid of discrimination and criticism.
Beautiful Ellen DeGeneres
Gosh, just look at their smiles.......
Another beautiful woman that isn't afraid of how people sees her, Hannah Hart.
Oh, if you guys haven't heard of her.....
TADDAAAAAAAAAAAA. Just click on her video will do!
OH! She has her own show as well, it's called MY DRUNK KITCHEN, Take a look at her videos it's really amazing!
Yep, so basically these 2 ladies are so far my 2 inspirational figures and I really respect them.... It's like they've so much energy of supporting love and yea..
DOESN'T SOUND CONVINCING ENOUGH?
Well, take a look of the video of Pink Dot 2013 in Singapore this year!
Just voicing out my opinions on "Freedom to love" today. Hope it doesn't sound offensive to anybody because you'd know it isn't intentional! ;)
Thanks for reading xx






No comments:
Post a Comment