This post is dedicated to the students who received their O level results yesterday, maybe your results didn't turn out to be the one you wanted or maybe you felt like your hard works aren't paid off: It's not the end of your route.
Many of you have probably been in the same situation as me, whereby we were given an option to either go to ITE, or to Secondary 5, after completing our N's. Well, to be honest. Going to Sec 5 to sit for my O levels was completely unplanned because I didn't had plans to do o levels cuz that's just something I can't cope with. Many teachers have been persuading us to take the ITE route because they believe we're more of the "hands-on" students. Well yeah to be honest, I kinda agree with that.
So I heeded their advice, and chose my ITE courses, but unfortunately all 3 courses rejected me.
So I thought to myself: "Wow, everywhere's beginning to be so challenging. Students are even fighting for a place in ITE?????" Let alone, O levels.
I was left with no choice but to take my O's and challenge with the smart students, and what made it more challenging is that I'm competing with the 4E students as well……….. It was just double the challenge.
Sec 5 year was more of the "have fun" year rather than the "serious work" year. The only time I mugged was probably 2 months before my major exams. And, yep my results says it all.
At the end of the day, I've to bear the blame because it's like I brought it upon myself. Teachers always say "Don't be upset by the results you didn't get with the work you didn't do." I guess they made a point there.
At some point of time, I felt like a failure in life. Like "wtf am i doing in this earth when I can't even do anything properly." I was so overwhelmed by the negative vibes that I nearly broke down because come to think about it, the things I can do best is probably sleep, eat, play. What else? It's not so much for myself but just to not disappoint my parents and seem like the laziest child in the family.
I had deep conversations with myself, just staring up my ceiling, tossing and turning in bed and simply figuring out what I wanna do in life. Then it came to a conclusion that > This is not the end of my path.
I knew that I could start going out to work and be productive instead of lazing at home all day. Because girls, there's jobs in the industry that sees your skills rather than your cert. Though parents might convince you to continue study because "Where can the O level cert bring you? To do the lousiest job or probably a job that only pays you $1,200 a month? For the long run, can you survive with that bit of money?" I get that a lot. Cmon, but times have changed.
Well, of course to be able to find a job that doesn't requires your cert but more of your skills doesn't come easy but if you don't stop trying, one day justice will come in your favor. And all it takes is willingness and perseverance in the job, it can bring you to somewhere you didn't even believe an O level cert could bring you to.
The objective of this post is to enlighten the moods of students who feels bad of themselves and believe that it's the end of the world for them already. Well yeah, if you sit there and simply not do anything to it then probably it's the end of the world, BUT you can turn the tables by simply having the positive attitude from now and believe that you can do something to make yr parents and most importantly, yourself, proud.
Don't be demoralized by the results you have, cause after all those are just numbers.
Never give up ladies. x
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment